Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reflection - Week 2

I must admit that I had a lot of fun making a Web quest for the Word Processor Assignment. I can see how this would make things so much easier when introducing any project that will require research. Since the links are provided for the students, there will be more time for focused analysis and critical thinking and less, "Miss...Miss...I can't find anything, Miss...Is this site, OK, Miss?"

This is also a really good way to put more responsibility on the student's shoulders in that they have a plethora of resources and class time given to them. It is up to them to be responsible with their time and work their way through the process. I think it would be interesting to combine this with virtual field trips as well. I definitely plan on developing many more Web quests for subjects that are not exciting material for lecture in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment